What Does an IT Support Company Do?
If this headline conjured an image of Pennywise – or “IT” the clown – we apologise profusely. Not our intention!
IT companies have been gaining popularity in leaps and bounds; people are gravitating more towards a one-stop solution for an aspect of their business that is exceptionally time-consuming and sometimes quite costly.
So – you’re paying a premium each month – and you know your servers get backed up each week. There’s also a guy, somewhere, who fixes bugs sometimes. But is that all they do?
What exactly are IT companies doing – and what should they be doing?
What Work Will an Outsourced IT Company Do For Me?
Not all IT companies include this – it seems to be a standout feature of a few companies. However, we consider anything that is technology-based to be within our scope of work, which is why we cover VoIP. What can you expect from this particular service?
Firstly – what is VoIP? “Voice over IP is in the most simplest terms a telephone service which runs over the internet. The experience is the same as traditional phone systems which the key difference being that you no longer have a dependency on a fixed line operator as your calls take place over your internet connection.
Our Cloud PBX solution hosted offsite which means your phones can connect from anywhere so long as they have an internet connection. This is a pretty powerful as you can receive an incoming call to your head office and transfer your call to a site thousands of kilometers away in the same way you would now allowing your staff to work from anywhere.”
How Does VoIP work? “VoIP works over your standard data network on which your computers are connected and breaks out over your internet connection which makes the solution inherently simple to maintain. Our larger VoIP deployments include a free managed firewall which allows us implement auto fail over to your secondary internet connection keeping your voice online for longer.
Because your traditional PBX is now software based and hosted in the cloud hardware failures is a thing of the past as all management and maintenance of the system is included with your subscription. You can read more about the cloud here.”
What are the benefits of VoIP?
- Free calls between branches – if you have multiple offices you can enjoy free calls between your sites on our cloud PBX systems. By not breaking out from our network you aren’t costing us any money so why should it cost you?
- Call Recordings – we can keep a recording of every call which is placed both internally and externally which allows you periodically review calls and ensure that your customer service quality remains tops
- Conference Calls – bring your key players together for that important phone call with a large client or have a quick meeting with your team on the line from anywhere. Our conference call feature allows you to do this with ease
- Music On Hold – no one likes being on hold but unfortunately this does happen, choose your own music on hold to keep clients calm while they hold on.
- Voicemail – need to keep track of important missed calls? Why not have the called leave you a voicemail which is delivered straight to your inbox.
- Auto Attendant – with our smart routing features you can have clients choose which department they need to be connected with a voice prompt speeding up the time it takes to get through to the right person
2) Business Internet Solutions
The www. It’s what IT all boils down to – and it can be your friend or your foe. Again – nobody has the scarcest commodity of all – TIME – to research what type of internet your business actually needs. Did you know there are three types to choose from?
What are the benefits of high-speed fibre?
What are the benefits of wireless?
What are the benefits of ADSL?
Still not the droid you’re looking for?
4) Cloud Backups
How can this save you in a tricky situation?
* Any omissions or incorrect facts are unintentional. Please let us know if you spot any!